Simple kale salad that is delicious right away, but also holds up well in the fridge as a weekday meal anytime.
- 6 cups of chopped Italian Kale (or any variety)
- ¼ cup tri-colored quinoa (or any variety)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ sweet apple, sliced
- ¼ slivered almonds
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Pomegranate Vinegar – can sub with red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried mint leaves
- 2 tsp whole grain or dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey, warmed (sub brown rice syrup to keep vegan)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare quinoa according to your package directions, you may prepare more and use in another dish. If preparing for salad, you’ll need ¼ cup quinoa (rinsed) and cooked in ½ cup of water. Prepare and let cool.
- Remove kale from stems, roughly chop and clean. After cleaning and drying, drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil and massage gently, set aside.
- Prepare dressing.
- Combine all you ingredients for your dressing in a jar with lid. Shake vigorously to combine and create an emulsified dressing.
- Combine your cooled quinoa and kale together and toss with ⅓ cup of your dressing.
- Plate mixture and top with apples, pomegranate seeds and almonds. Drizzle additional dressing if desired or serve on the side.
- Salad stores well in the fridge for 3 days. Store any remaining dressing in fridge.
- Be sure to rinse quinoa for at least 30 seconds before cooking to remove natural coating, saponin, which can make it taste bitter or soapy.
- You may add goat cheese, manchego cheese and/or chicken to add additional protein and create a complete meal.
Keywords: kale quinoa salad, kale quinoa salad vegan, kale quinoa salad dressing, kale quinoa salad recipe, kale salad, kale apple salad, easy salad dressing, easy salad, salads for lunch, 10 recipes to try, kid snacks