Happy Shopping Week!! Let's dive into some deals for the week.
Reminder - Fred Meyer will no longer be sending a print ad to homes! Their ads will strictly be online and through the app. You can grab a print copy at the store but beginning May 28th no more print - just wanted to give you a heads up in case you rely on those coming to your inbox.
If you'd like to see me add anything else to this round-up, send me a message! Cheers till next week - stay tuned for the Friday weekly recipe!
These deals were spotted at the Happy Valley location* and could vary by location.
A few new deals and a few items that are holding steady that are highlighted in yellow for you - still no idea when they change pricing!
- Ataulfo Mangos - $0.48/each
- Love these smaller mangos, sometimes called honey mangos. They tend to be consistently sweeter than traditional mangos. This is a great deal, last time I saw them for $0.78/each, picked up a dozen and allowing some to ripen a little bit. A few we cut too early and were sour! The softer ones were very sweet. They also have standard mangos for $0.98 each.
- D'Anjou Pears - $0.98/lb
- I'm always ready for different fruit - these green D'Anjou pears looked good and priced well.
- Sweet Onions - $0.88/lb
- These aren't Walla Walla onions yet but they are still sweet onions and a good price! I have an onion recipe coming out on Friday and sweets would be SO GOOD - although traditional onions work just fine too.
- Avocados - $0.68 each
- Price dropped a bit from last week - this is my go-to every week. I buy them green, let them ripen then pop in the fridge. Apparently I live with a lot of millennials that enjoy avocado toast!
- 6 Count Bagged Avocadoes - $2.98 each
- These bagged avocados come in slightly cheaper than the medium solo ones - I struggle with the bags since I can't pick out what I want. Although if there is a great all green hard bag I'm in!
- 4lb Bag Oranges - $2.98 each
- I haven't had much citrus lately, my kids fizzled out on it. These may still be tasty for a good price!
- Wild Wonders Medley Tomatoes 24oz - $3.98
- We are inching closer to tomato season! I love these little medley tomatoes, it's a mix of yellows and reds in a variety. This is a great price for over a pound of tomatoes.
- On the Vine Tomatoes - $0.98/lb
- Definitely not heirloom but still a decent tomato - good price point!
- Portobello Mushrooms - $1.98 each
- These were on sale a little while ago then went up to sell by pound - this is a good price for portobello mushrooms - try this mushroom tart!
- Sweet Corn - $0.68 each
- First corn I'm seeing this season - it says sweet but I have no idea!!! I didn't need it this week on our meal plan so I skipped but may try next week if the weather stays nice.
- Italian Parsley - $0.78 each
- I always have a bunch of parsley in the fridge, $0.78 is a nice price. I prefer Italian over curly but the curly is $0.48.
- Red, Orange & Yellow Peppers - $0.98 each
- Another weekly stock up - all three colors are $0.98 each, not a bad price.
- Organic or Gluten Free Oats - $1.98/lb
- The bulk section is my favorite! Grab organic or gluten free oats for $1.98/lb. Standard or Quick oats are $0.78/lb
- Zoi Yogurt - $3.28
- I've mentioned this brand before, PNW and it's VERY good! I've seen this for $2.98 for the 32oz tub but $3.28 is still a good deal!
- Franz English Muffins - $1.98
- Franz makes a great English Muffin, I like their sourdough and extra crisp ones. This is a great deal!
- Franz Sweet Hawaiian Rolls - $2.78
- I don't know why but the sweet Hawaiian rolls are always so expensive! Great with pulled pork or try them with these turkey sliders. $2.78 for the 16oz pack.
- Jumbo Bag of Popcorn - $6.98 24 oz
- With the end of the school year approaching, parties and events are also happening. Winco sells these big bags of popcorn for $6.98 which gives you a lot of popcorn! Great for classrooms, especially since we can't bring in homemade treats.
- Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Flour - $2.89/5lb bag
- Love local Bob's Red Mill flour - last stock up was at $2.49/5lb bag. Of course, like everything, prices have gone up. $2.89 is still a good deal overall.
- Canola Oil - $3.74/48fl oz
- I use canola oil to make toum (essential) so always looking for good prices. I like the smaller bottles vs the gallons - and when you check the price per ounce, this is actually cheaper.
- Butter - $3.38
- Dark Chocolate (and white) Melting Wafers - $0.98/lb (bulk) - still on sale
- I used to make cake pops and these melting wafers were the BEST! The ones at Winco are actually Guittard Chocolate which is delish - for some reason the dark and white melting wafers were $0.98/lb today!! Usually they are closer to $4/lb! So definitely a good deal. These are also awesome in cookies, chopped up and use whenever you need dark chocolate. If you won't use them all immediately, freeze them for the best texture later - especially for cake pops.
- Walnuts (chopped and halves and pieces) - $2.98/lb (bulk) - still on sale
Be sure to download the Safeway app to load the deals and special Just for U coupons - prices reflected below require the digital coupons.
This week there is a $5 off of $25 or more coupon - be sure to download to your app!
- Boneless Chicken Breasts or Thighs (limit 5lbs total) - $1.97/lb
- I really don't like these limits, especially when it's by pound - it makes it much harder to stock up. But great if you just need dinner.
- Top Round London Broil (limit 2) - $1.97/lb
- I love London Broil - I've shared it before and this is a fabulous price. They are large pieces so 2 will give you a lot of meat. I always ask the butcher to cut one to order for me.
- 80% Lean Ground Beef - $2.47/lb (with digital coupon)
- I like these individual packages for the freezer, no fussing with wrapping and making sure they are freezer safe. Definitely a time saver!
- Berries - $2.97
- A mix of berries - strawberries are 2lbs while raspberries and blueberries are 18oz
- Ben & Jerry's, Talenti, Klondike or Breyers 4 for $10 - must buy 4
- Get your ice cream fix with a variety of items. This is a mix and match 4 for $10 (must buy 4 to get the deal). Ben & Jerry pints, Talenti pints or 6 count bars, Klondike 4-6 count bars, Breyers 1.5 quart
FRIDAY ONLY DEALS
Not a fan of day only deals but if you really want something, I suggest placing a pickup order for Friday and that way you get the sale price without the hassle.
- Doritos or Sun Chips - 2 for $5
- Chips are a hot item and definitely smaller bags these days - Decent price for non-Costco sized bags.
- Duck Pond Pinot Noir - $11
- This is a great local wine and even better priced than Winco last week!
- Pepsi 10 count Mini Cans - $4
- I'm not sure if this is ONLY Pepsi or Pepsi products, won't be able to tell until Friday when the price is reflected. But these mini cans tend to be much more expensive. I usually like getting gingerale, 7-Up, rootbeer or orange sodas to have as little treats or for friend gatherings.
Digital coupons apply to many of these deals as well - be sure to download via the app and link your rewards card. 4x fuel points on any Home, Apparel or Electronics Purchases. Extra discount coupons this week for Apparel (15%), Home (10%) and Electronics (10%)!
- Honeycrisp Apples - $1.79/lb
- I can't say this is the best deal but it's not bad - I can't remember what they are currently at Winco, but we do love a Honeycrisp!
- Foster Farms Chicken Drumsticks or Thighs - $1.29/lb
- Love bone-in thighs, probably one of my favorite ways to cook chicken! Great for chicken salads and soup too! Always priced well.
- Tri-Colored Peppers - $1.99 each (up to 5x in one transaction with coupon)
- These are usually red, orange and yellow peppers - they are bagged which means you can't choose your peppers yourself but slightly cheaper than Winco.
- Kroger Breakfast Sausage Links or Patties - $1.99 each (up to 5x in one transaction with coupon)
- Check the date on these or freeze, could be good to enjoy for Mother's Day!
- Raspberries or Blackberries - $1.79 each (up to 5x in one transaction with coupon)
- 6oz containers
- Kroger Peanut Butter 20-24oz - $1.49 each (up to 5x in one transaction with coupon)
- I have not tried Kroger brand peanut butter but it's a great price!
- Tillamook Ice Cream - $4.49
- Not advertised but Tillamook is on sale!
- Private Select Ice Cream - $5.49
- We get a lot of Private Select ice cream since it's an egg free base but OMG, it's sooooooooo good! I mean, this is 100% comparable to Tillamook and the flavors and add-ins are PLENTY!
- Juanita's Tortilla Chips - $2.50
- Hands down the best tortilla chips - it's guacamole and margarita season! Grab a few bags!
- Simple Truth Organic Chicken Stock - $1.79
- A must to keep in the pantry and this is slightly cheaper than my go-to Trader Joe's.
- Duke's Mayonnaise - $3.49 (with $1.00 coupon)
- Mayo has categories -
- Kewpie for all things Asian and an easy squeeze
- Duke's for salads or when you need a scoop!
- Mayo has categories -
New Seasons will be holding their Halibut Sale on May 6th from 9am-5pm. This is the first of the season. You can call or stop in to pre-order your halibut (which I recommend). The halibut is sold as whole fish but you can let them know how you want it cut up, packaged, etc. Ready for the freezer. This is a highly sought out sale. The halibut is $14.99/lb - but remember you are paying for the whole fish, you can certainly hang onto the bones/carcass for fish stock.
Annual Wine Sale coming up - receive 25% off of 12 bottles or more. You can pre-order now through May 2nd for pickup May 3rd - 9th
Leave a Reply