Sorry for the missed week last week, we were out of town and did NOT head out to the stores to do a good look of what's in stock! Here is a quick run down of this week's deals - some good ones for baking at Winco!!!!
Let's take a quick dive into the highlights of this week's deals! If you find any amazing deals, definitely leave a comment below so others can see!!! I have a few highlights from Costco this week which are always goodies!
If you'd like to see me add anything else to this round-up, send me a message! Cheers till next week - stay tuned for the Friday weekly recipe!
These deals were spotted at the Happy Valley location* and could vary by location.
- Koru Apples - $0.68/lb
- I can't recall trying this varietal of apple but for $0.68/lb - it's a great deal! When googling it's described sweet, juicy, taste of vanilla and packs a big crunch!
- Navel Oranges - $0.68/lb
- Citrus is still good - so definitely a great time to grab! You can give this bread a try - swap oranges for the grapefruit!
- Fresh Whole Artichokes - $1.28 each
- Love artichokes - this is a fabulous price for them. They were a great size as well, could be a great addition to your Easter menu! Here's a great recipe from my friend Megan at Short Girl Tall Order
- Avocados - $0.68 each
- Well, the $0.48 price has shifted but still a great deal! I stock up on green avocados every week or every two depending how many I have left. I buy them green, allow them to ripen on the counter then immediately pop into the fridge. They last for weeks!!! Bought 12 today!
- Green and Red Grapes - $1.68/lb
- Decent deal on grapes, my kids devour them so as long as they aren't $3/lb I get some!
- D'Anjou and Red Pears - $0.98/lb
- If you're looking to jazz up your fruit rotation - pears were a great price!
- Red + Green Peppers - $0.88 each
- Up in a price a bit and frankly I NEVER buy green - not my fav! Yellow and orange are $1.28 each. They also have bags of mini peppers for $2.99 I believe.
- Dark Chocolate (and white) Melting Wafers - $0.98/lb (bulk)
- I used to make cake pops and these melting wafers were the BEST! The ones at Winco are actually Guittard Chocolate which is delish - for some reason the dark and white melting wafers were $0.98/lb today!! Usually they are closer to $4/lb! So definitely a good deal. These are also awesome in cookies, chopped up and use whenever you need dark chocolate. If you won't use them all immediately, freeze them for the best texture later - especailly for cake pops.
- Walnuts (chopped and halves and pieces) - $2.98/lb (bulk)
- Crab Claw Meat - $11.98/lb
- I love these cans of crab meat - so great to use on salads or try in this pasta dish or a dip. A crab stuffed mushroom would be delightful!
- Zoi Greek Yogurt - $3.28 (32oz)
- This is a great local brand and tastes very good! Not overly sweet. Great option for flavored yogurt.
- Bakery Bread - $2.98
- Winco actually has a great bakery, I enjoy their fresh baked loaves of bread. I picked up a rye loaf today. And let me tell you - bread has gotten expensive! I've been working on a sandwich loaf recipe so I can pair it with my turkey!!! But until then, a loaf for $2.98 works great. They have multi-grain, double fiber, wheat, rye most of the time.
- Pepsi Products - $4.48 (12 pack)
- Pepsi products are on sale which is a great deal. We don't really drink much soda but Canada Dry Ginger Ale falls into this category and I like to keep on hand. Kids will enjoy here and there or if someone has an upset tummy it's a good one.
Some recurring deals that I've shared before. Super impressed for some of these items staying the same price!
- Ataulfo Mangos - $0.88/each
- These are my favorite type of mangoes, sometimes called Honey Mangos - they are consistently sweet vs traditional mangoes. They are on the smaller side but worth it!
- Winco Brand Butter - $2.98 STILL ON SALE
- $2.98 this week
Be sure to download the Safeway app to load the deals and special Just for U coupons - prices reflected below require the digital coupons.
- Ribeye Roast (limit 1) - $5.47/lb (after digital coupon)
- If you are celebrating Easter this is a good price, Fred Meyer has a similar sale in case you need/want two of them. When you purchase, ask them to remove the ribs and cut if you'd like to enjoy as steaks (that's my preference).
- Bone-In Shank or Butt Ham (limi 1) - $0.77/lb
- I'm not a big ham person and don't usually cook it (even though my family would probably like it) - This is a good deal on a ham - note it will be on the bone. Fred Meyer has it just slightly more but with limit of 2.
- Signature Select Thick Cut Bacon (first 2) - $1.97/lb
- I have purchased this bacon before and it's quite good. Not a bad price - try making these smashed potatoes and using bacon!
- Milk + Cookies - (first 2) $0.97/each -
- Half gallon of Lucerne Milk or a package of oreos for $0.97 - grab one of each and call it milk and cookies!
- Strawberries + Pineapple - (limit 4) $1.47
- Take your pick of a pound of strawberries or a pineapple for $1.47, limit 4 total.
- Tillamook Cheese (limit 2) $6.77 each
- You know I have to let you know when Tillamook is on sale, even though it's limit 2 it's a good price if you are low!
- Darigold Butter (limit 4) $2.99
- This a great price for butter, comparable to Winco - limit 4 but a great thing to add to your cart!
Digital coupons apply to many of these deals as well - be sure to download via the app and link your rewards card. 4x fuel points on Friday purchases.
- Ribeye Roast (limit 1) $4.97/lb (after digital coupon)
- For those with a big family or like to stock up - I say grab this deal + Safeway and stock up! Comparable in price.
- Bone-in Ham Portion - (limit 2) $0.89/lb
- I assume these are also the butt or shank, so similar to Safeway but limit 2. Spiral hams are $4.99/lb
- Pineapples - 2/$3
- We must be entering pineapple season - great price and no limit. If you love pineapple and they're good, good time to stock up and freeze pieces for smoothies or pina coladas! The cheapest I've seen pineapples in the summer is $1 each so this isn't too far off.
- Kroger Butter - $2.49/lb (up to 5x in one transaction with coupon)
- Slightly cheaper than Winco and Safeway - limit 5!
- Kroger Shredded/Sliced Cheese $1.49 (up to 5x in one transaction with coupon)
- 6-8oz bags of shredded/sliced cheese for $1.49. I prefer to grate my own cheese but these are great in a pinch or needing to pick up something for dinner in a hurry. Grab 5 and I aim for the move expensive cheeses! I usually grab the sliced cheeses and use for sandwiches.
- Mary's Whole Chicken - $1.99/lb
- This is a savings of $2/lb - Mary's Chickens are quite tasty, on the smaller side but a good price for the quality.
- Polar Sparkling Water 4 for $10
- If you're a sparkling water fan, this is a good one! $2.50 for a 12 pack - and to be honest, Polar is my favorite brand!
- Simply Orange Juice - $2.99 (52oz)
- This is actually cheaper than Fred Meyer's price - Fred Meyer has a sale to make it $2.99 but only if you buy 5 of various items. If you like Simply Orange, good price!
- Zoi Yogurt - $3.49 (32oz)
- Comparable pricing to Winco - if you're close to New Seasons or use Instacart, a good one!
Leave a Reply