Happy Shopping Week!! Let's dive into some deals for the week. I'm working on using items from my freezer so trying to purchase less meat right now. But I'll still share some deals happening around town!
Reminder - Fred Meyer will no longer be sending a print ad to homes! Their ads will strictly be online and through the app. You can grab a print copy at the store but beginning May 28th no more print - just wanted to give you a heads up in case you rely on those coming to your inbox.
If you'd like to see me add anything else to this round-up, send me a message! Cheers till next week - stay tuned for the Friday weekly recipe!
These deals were spotted at the Happy Valley location* and could vary by location.
A few new deals and a few items that are holding steady that are highlighted in yellow for you - still no idea when they change pricing!
- Strawberries - $1.98/lb
- Strawberries at $1.98/lb - these are conventional but have been red, ripe and sweet!
- Red Pears - $0.88/lb
- Grabbed a few of these red pears - Bosc are our favorite but they didn't have any in stock (and they are a higher price point $1.58/lb). I think the kids are just happy with something other than apples!!
- English Cucumbers - $0.99 each
- Great price on these cucumbers - we go through so many throughout the week!
- Avocados - $0.68 each
- Still sitting at $0.68 each, hoping for another drop soon!
- Bell Peppers - red, yellow and orange - $0.78/each
- Always happy with a pepper sale, good price for all the fabulous colors!
- Chicken Drumsticks + Thighs - $0.98/lb
- I love chicken thighs, don't usually buy drumsticks - but if you're a dark meat fan, not a bad price!
- Boneless Pork Top Loin - $1.48/lb
- A great Instant Pot meal. These are about $11 or so, most are about 7lbs. Could easily split up and freeze.
- Umpqua Ice Cream - $3.98
- This weekend is DEFINITELY ice cream weather! Umpqua is a great local brand - $3.98 1.5 quarts
- Tillamook Ice Cream - $4.84
- Tillamook is also a good price at $4.84
- Winco Muffins - $5.98
- I know many folks pickup muffins from Costco, if you don't have a membership - the Winco bakery is actually quite good. Grab a 6 count jumbo muffin tray for $5.98
- Bakery Bagels - $6.98/dozen
- Same goes for bagels, I usually get 12 for $5.99 at Costco but these from Winco are quite good and a $1 more.
- Hazelnuts - $3.98/lb
- Great price on hazelnuts - these are in the bulk section! I keep mine in the freezer to stay fresh.
- Winco Brand Cinnamon Rolls - $1.88
- Ok, don't judge but some weekend mornings - a can of cinnamon rolls is JUST FINE for the kids! They love them! These are Winco brand but a good price!
- Butter - $3.38
- Dark Chocolate (and white) Melting Wafers - $0.98/lb (bulk) - still on sale
- I used to make cake pops and these melting wafers were the BEST! The ones at Winco are actually Guittard Chocolate which is delish - for some reason the dark and white melting wafers were $0.98/lb today!! Usually they are closer to $4/lb! So definitely a good deal. These are also awesome in cookies, chopped up and use whenever you need dark chocolate. If you won't use them all immediately, freeze them for the best texture later - especially for cake pops.
- Walnuts (chopped and halves and pieces) - $2.98/lb (bulk) - still on sale
Be sure to download the Safeway app to load the deals and special Just for U coupons - prices reflected below require the digital coupons.
- Strawberries 2lbs (limit 2) - $2.47
- Good price on two pounds of strawberries, limit on this one.
- Quaker Cereal + Nature Valley Bars (must purchase 3) - $1.97/each
- Various Quaker brand cereal including Life as well as Nature Valley granola bars are on sale, must buy 3 and the limit is 6. Mix and match.
- Corn - 5 for $3.00 (with digital coupon)
- I purchased some corn the other day but haven't tried them yet - looking forward to the season!
- Ribeye Steak (bone-in) (limit 2) - $5.97/lb
- Maybe mom wants steak on Sunday? Great price on some ribeyes!
Digital coupons apply to many of these deals as well - be sure to download via the app and link your rewards card. 4x fuel points on Friday purchases!
- Blueberries - $2.99/18oz
- Blueberries have been great and a welcome fruit for my kiddos. I'll definitely be buying multiple containers!
- Foster Farms Chicken - BOGO
- All Foster Farms chicken is BOGO, this is a nice sale depending on price. I look for the individual wrapped chicken to stock in the freezer during these sales.
- Watermelon - $5.99
- Again, a welcome new fruit! Ready for all the summer fruit! I just picked up one of these at Trader Joe's for the same price, haven't cut it yet - hoping it's sweet!
- Fred Meyer ½ gallon milk - $1.29 each (up to 5x in one transaction with coupon)
- Always a good deal since milk prices have gone up so much lately!
- Chocolove Chocolate Bars - $1.99
- I picked up a bunch of these XO bars for teacher appreciation this week to add into a little gift. I like a lot of their flavors!
- Mary's Whole Fryer Chicken - $1.99/lb
- Mary's is a great chicken brand and they run this $1.99/lb sale often, still more expensive than a conventional store but these are quite tasty.
- The Tao of Tea - 20% off
- This tea brand is quite tasty, not often on sale, but they have 20% off this week.
Leave a Reply