These simple bars are fuss free and perfect for a casual gathering. Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen Raspberry Breakfast Bars
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 stick butter, cold, cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 package fresh cranberries - 12oz
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 9x13 pyrex baking pan by spraying with cooking spray and then lining with parchment paper.
- Next, place all your ingredients for your crumble in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse for a few times until the butter becomes small pebble-sized.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the mixture for the top.
- Place the remaining mixture in the parchment lined baking pan and press down.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until slightly golden brown.
- Let cool slightly, leave oven on.
- Place all your filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into slightly cooled crust, spreading out evenly.
- Top with reserved 1 1/2 cup of crumble mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove and let cool on wire rack, cut and serve. Store in fridge.