Simple Phyllo Cups filled with pears and topped with ice cream and caramel make the perfect simple dessert.
- 12 sheets of phyllo dough
- cooking spray
- 4 large firm pears, cored and diced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp corn starch (mixed with splash of water)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray standard sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Remove one sheet of phyllo dough at a time and gently fold into muffin cup creating a flat bottom and ruffling the top edges to create a cup.
- Continue with all 12 muffins. Then spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat add your butter and diced pears.
- Add in your spices and finally vanilla and corn starch mixture.
- Continue to cook on medium high until pears become soft but still slightly firm.
- Allow pears to cook and fill phyllo cups with pear mixture and top with Tillamook Old Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream and your favorite caramel. Enjoy right away.
- You can make all components ahead of time, assemble just before eating.