Sweet persimmons with a tangy creme fraiche in this rustic galette.
- 1 basic pie dough recipe, I like using Marie Saba's all butter pie crust (store bought is fine too)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp semolina (can sub almond flour)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 8 oz creme fraiche
- 2 firm Fuyu persimmons
- 3 Tbsp raw sugar, divided
- heavy cream
- 2 tsp apricot jam + splash of water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Sprinkle a sheet of parchment paper with flour and roll out your pie dough into a round/oval shape about 1/8" thick. You don't want your pie dough to be paper thin where it will seep but also not very thick.
- Place parchment paper on a heavy sheet pan.
- Once your dough is rolled out into your desired round or oval shape, mix your semolina and granulated sugar together and sprinkle on your dough, leaving about an inch border to fold over.
- Spread your creme fraiche over the semolina mixture.
- Slice your persimmons in circles, about 1/4" thick.
- Begin fanning your persimmons around the edges of the galette, gently overlapping until you find your way to the center.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp of your raw sugar over your persimmons.
- Fold over your edge to enclose your persimmons and seal everything in.
- Brush your crust with heavy cream then with your last tablespoon of raw sugar, sprinkle the crust.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until crust and persimmons are browned.
- Remove from oven and mix apricot jam with your water and brush over warm persimmons. Serve warm with ice cream.