These are the perfect breakfast muffin, hearty and filling but also light and airy. Great for an afternoon coffee snack too!
- 1/2 cup oil - any variety
- 1/2 cup yogurt - see substitutions above
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- zest of 1 orange - or lemon
- 3/4 cup almond flour - see substitutions above
- 2/3 cup semolina flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp orange blossom water or vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tsp fresh orange (or lemon) more as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with 8 liners or grease with cooking spray.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer or hand mixer, whisk together your oil, sugar, eggs, yogurt and orange zest for 2 minutes on high speed.
- Add in your flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and finally your orange blossom water.
- Pour your batter in prepared muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and tops are slightly browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in tin then remove and place on cooling rack.
- Top with glaze (optional) and nuts.
Keywords: semolina cupcake recipe, semolina, alternate flour, almond cupcakes, orange cupcakes, orange, almond flour cupcakes, alternative flours for baking, best alternative flours