This lovely Summer Peach Cake, or snacking cake as I like to call it is perfect for breakfast, brunch or simply a snack. It won't last long in your house! I love the nutty flavor if using hazelnut or almond flour but it can also be made simply with all-purpose flour.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 grams)
- 1/2 cup dark/light brown sugar (100 grams)
- 2 teaspoons whiskey/bourbon (can sub vanilla)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (65 grams)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup whole milk yogurt (190 grams)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (240 grams)
**Hazelnut flour - see notes for flour adjustment if using nut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2.5 teaspoon ground anise
- 1 teaspoon salt
Crumb Topping + Fruit
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened (40 grams)
- 4 Tablespoons flour (40 grams)
- 1/4 cup dark/light brown sugar (50 grams)
- 1 large peach or 1 cup pitted cherries
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray and then line with a sheet of parchment paper. This will allow the cake to be removed easily from the pan and keep fruit and topping in tact.
- In a large bowl, combine your eggs, sugar, brown sugar, whiskey/vanilla, olive oil, lemon juice + zest and yogurt. Whisk until fully combine and pale yellow in color.
2 eggs, 1/4 cup sugar 50g, 1/2 cup brown sugar 100g, 2 teaspoons whiskey/vanilla, 1/3 cup olive oil 65g, zest of lemon, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 3/4 cup yogurt 190g
- Add your flour (and nut flour if using), baking soda, baking powder, ground anise and salt. Fold into your wet mixture until JUST combined.
If using ALL all-purpose flour add 2 cups of flour 240 grams
If using part all-purpose flour and part hazelnut or almond flour use:
1 1/2 cups flour 180 grams + 1/2 cup 50g of nut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 2 teaspoons ground anise, 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, add your softened butter, flour and brown sugar.
- Work with a fork or hands to create small pea-sized crumbles.
- Place crumb topping on top of cake and finally layer slices of peaches or cherries
- Bake cake for 30-40 minutes at 375F or until testing toothpick comes out clean with no batter remaining.
- Allow cake to cool, slice and enjoy!
All-Purpose Flour vs Combination with Nut Flour
- ALL All-Purpose Flour Method:
- Use 2 cups or 240 grams of flour
- All-Purpose Flour + Hazelnut Flour:
- Use 1 1/2 cups or 180 grams of flour and
- 1/2 cup or 50 grams of hazelnut flour
- If using salt other than kosher salt, half the amount
Keywords: summer peach cake, peach cake recipe, peaches, summer peach, easy dump cake, easy cake, fresh peach cake