A creamy bean dip perfect for a party platter.
- 2 cans of white Cannellini Beans (or Kidney Beans)
- 2 cloves of garlic (or 1 Tbsp toum)
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (more for topping)
- 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Drain and rinse your beans in a colander.
- Add beans and 1/4 cup of water to a medium sized pot.
- Let the beans simmer on low heat until warm and slightly broken and mushed, stir occasionally. About 5-10 minutes.
- In a medium sized bowl, add your 2 cloves of garlic and salt and smash using a mortar. You can substitute 1 tablespoon of prepared toum in place of the garlic if you’d like.
- Add in the warm beans, mix and finally add your lemon juice and olive oil. Adjust the flavor of lemon, salt and garlic to your liking. Mix in your parsley, reserve a bit for the garnish.
- Top with olive oil and chopped parsley. Enjoy with pita bread.
- If preparing ahead, wait to add your parsley and omit olive oil on top. Store in air tight container in fridge. Reheat briefly before serving then garnish as mentioned above.
Keywords: beans, fasolia, mezze, appetizer, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, Lebanese