Honey Mustard Salad kit by Earthbound Farm Organic is delicious on its own but even better topped with some quick turkey meatballs.
- 2 pounds ground turkey, dark meat is preferred
- 1 small onion (or half of a large) – 1 cup diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt (Morton brand – adjust for by half for table salt)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 Tbsp toum)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (or plain traditional breadcrumbs)
- 2 bags (6.8oz each) Earthbound Farm Organic Honey Mustard Kit
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl add your ground turkey and set aside.
- In a small non-stick pan add your olive oil and diced onions. Cook over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, add in your Italian seasoning, pepper and salt.
- Allow mixture to cook for another 3-4 minutes until onions are translucent. Finally add in your minced garlic (or toum) in the last minute. Set aside to cool.
- Add in your feta, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, eggs and panko to your ground turkey. Mix to combine well.
- Once onion mixture is cooled, add to your turkey mixture and mix well. See note below to taste seasoning – add additional salt if needed.*
- Form your meatballs using cookie scoop, about 1.5″ in diameter and place on parchment lined sheet pan. You should have about 45 meatballs total and spread out on 2 sheet pans.
- Bake in upper 1/3 of pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let come to room temperature.
- Remove greens from Earthbound Farm Organic Honey Mustard Kit and place in large bowl.
- Empty dressing and mix to combine well.
- Plate greens on a platter/plate, top with included dried cranberries and slivered almonds and finally a few meatballs.
- Be sure to let your onion mixture cool down before adding to the ground turkey and eggs. We don’t to cook the eggs or meat too early!
- To test for flavor and saltiness of your meat, grab a small piece and throw it into a pan to cook quickly or heat in microwave for 20-30 second until cooked. Sample and know if you need to add more salt to your mixture.
- It’s always better to UNDER salt than over salt. Different brands and types of salt will vary in saltiness. I prefer using Kosher salt over table salt – you will use a bit more but have a less salty flavor.
- Serving Size: 45 meatballs
Keywords: turkey meatballs, Mediterranean meatballs, salad, salad kit, easy meals, meal prep, turkey meatball salad, turkey meatballs and salad, honey mustard salad dressing, honey mustard salad recipe, baked meatballs