A hearty Kale Salad with a Creamy Tahini dressing.
- 2 teaspoons toum or 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup tahini – I purchase mine from a local Middle Eastern store but you can find online
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt* – cut in half if using table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup if you’d like to keep vegan
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (juice from about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup water (from tap or fridge)
- 2 cups chopped kale, stems removed if you can
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 2 teaspoons toasted pine nuts
- In a small bowl, crush or press your garlic clove if you’re not using toum.
- Add your remaining dressing ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Adjust your lemon and salt to taste.
- Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks in sealed container.
- On a sheet pan or large bowl, add your chopped kale and about 2 teaspoons of olive oil. With clean hands, begin to work the olive oil and rub the kale leaves within your hands to soften. Continue for 1-2 minutes until leaves are soften and glistening with the oil.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of your dressing on the kale leaves to coat. I prefer dressing the leaves then assembling the remaining components of the salad and a final drizzle of dressing.
- Mix dressing with kale leaves then plate onto platter or 2 plates.
- Add your remaining ingredients and drizzle with additional dressing as desired.
- To make dressing vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey
- Options to substitute chicken to keep salad vegetarian/pesictarian: tofu, beans, salmon
- All salad ingredients are versatile and can be adjusted to your preference. Add some pomegranate seeds or persimmon for a bit of sweetness or sub almonds for pine nuts.
Keywords: kale salad lemon dressing, tahini dressing, kale salad tahini dressing, kale salad with avocado, tahini dressing recipes, tahini dressing salad, tahini dressing vegan, vegan, vegetarian, tahini dressing kale salad,