A wholesome bran muffin, one bowl! Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
- 1/2 cup of Unsulphured Molasses (or your favorite variety of molasses), 4 oz
- 2 1/2 cups of whole milk (you can choose any type of milk), 20 oz*
- 2 large eggs*, whisked
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 85 grams
- 4 cups Bran Flakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour, 256 grams
- 1 Tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1 cup raisins, 150 grams
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (or your oil of choice) 4 oz*
- 2 Tablespoons of honey for brushing tops
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and place rack in center of oven.
- Line muffin tins with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine: molasses, milk, eggs and brown sugar. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add in your bran flakes and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes to soften.
- Next, add in your dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and flax seeds. Mix using a spatula until just combined.
- Finally add your coconut oil and raisins.
- Fill muffin tins to the top. Be sure keep mixing your batter contents and get raisins and bran cereal in each cup. I use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to fill.
- You can fill to the top, the muffins will rise and pillow up but won’t spread.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and a cake tester/skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, while still hot, brush tops with honey.
- Remove from muffin tins and allow to cool on cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Store in sealed container for up to 3 days, or fridge for up to 7 – reheat to enjoy.
- Any type of milk will work in this recipe, you can use a milk alternative to make vegan.
- I have not tried an egg substitute but for this type of muffin a flax egg or egg replacer will work just fine if you’re trying to create a vegan alternative.
- If you’re using another type of oil besides coconut, you can add to your wet ingredients if you prefer.
Keywords: molasses bran muffins, bran muffins, raisin bran muffins, vegan molasses bran muffins, the best raisin bran muffins, raisin bran muffins with molasses, raisin bran muffins healthy, raisin bran muffins from cereal, raisin bran muffins without buttermilk, moist raisin bran muffins with molasses, classic raisin bran muffins, best raisin bran muffins