Homemade tortilla chips and tostada shells.
- TortillaLand© Corn Tortillas
- approximately 1/3 – 1/2 cup canola oil (or other neutral oil with high smoking point)
- kosher salt
- In a wide pan with high sides, pour in your oil to reach about 1/2″ on sides of pan.
- Attach thermometer to side and watch temperature to reach 350 degrees.
- Place one TortillaLand© Corn Tortilla in the hot oil and let brown on one side for 30-45 seconds, using tongs, flip and repeat on opposite side.
- Place brown toasted tortilla on paper towel lined tray, repeat.
- To make homemade chips, repeat same process with cut pieces of tortilla, finish with a sprinkle of kosher salt.
Keywords: tostadas, pork, mexican, cinco de mayo, Instant Pot