Delicious tender pork, perfect for filling tosadas.
- 3.5 pound pork loin
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp toum garlic sauce *
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup water
- Prep your pork loin by trimming any excess fat.
- Using a sharp knife, make 10 one inch slits to place your garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix your dry spices.
- Rub pork loin with prepared toum spread.*
- Rub pork loin with the spice mixture.
- In the pot of your Instant Pot, place rack and add your onion wedges and water.
- Next, add your prepared pork loin.
- Seal Instant Pot and set to “meat/stew” for 65 minutes.
- Allow to release naturally for at least 15 minutes.
- Open lid and shred pork to prepare for tostadas.
- Top toasted tostada shell with pulled pork, black/refried beans, avocados, cheese, lettuce, tomato, cilantro and lime. Enjoy warm!
If you do not have toum, add in 2 tsp garlic powder to your spice mixture and rub pork loin with 2 tbsp olive oil.
Keywords: tostadas, pork, mexican, cinco de mayo, Instant Pot