Delicious tender pork, perfect for filling tosadas.
- 3.5 pound pork loin
- 10 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp toum garlic sauce *
- 2 large onions
- 1 cup water
- Prep your pork loin by trimming any excess fat.
- Using a sharp knife, make 10 one inch slits to place your garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix your dry spices.
- Rub pork loin with prepared toum spread.*
- Rub pork loin with the spice mixture.
- In the pot of your Instant Pot, place rack and add your onion wedges and water.
- Next, add your prepared pork loin.
- Seal Instant Pot and set to “meat/stew” for 65 minutes.
- Allow to release naturally for at least 15 minutes.
- Open lid and shred pork to prepare for tostadas.
- Top toasted tostada shell with pulled pork, black/refried beans, avocados, cheese, lettuce, tomato, cilantro and lime. Enjoy warm!
*If you do not have toum, add in 2 tsp garlic powder to your spice mixture and rub pork loin with 2 tbsp olive oil.
*If you do not have an Instant Pot, you may cook your pork in the oven. Place in a roasting pan after seasoning as specified, add 2 cups water or broth and cover with foil. Roast in oven for 2-3 hours at 300 degrees. Pork should come out tender and able to shred.
Keywords: tostadas, pork, mexican, cinco de mayo, Instant Pot, instant pot pulled pork, easy pulled pork, party, pressure cooker, pulled pork, tostada shells, tostada recipe, gluten free, best instant pot pulled pork, shredded pulled pork