Enjoy this simple and flavorful pasta dish using Delallo products!
- 1 pound Delallo Spaghetti No. 4
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt (for pasta water)
- 1/2 cup Delallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tin Delallo Anchovies (2oz tin in oil)**
- 6 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 heaping teaspoon Delallo Calabrian Chili Peppers**
- 7oz container of Delallo Pitted Olives Jubilee, sliced
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, more for topping
- 1–2 cups reserved pasta water
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot, bring 5 quarts of water and 3 teaspoons kosher salt to a boil
- Once water boils, add in your Delallo Spaghetti No. 4 and allow to boil for 8 minutes for al dente. Prepare sauce while pasta cooks.
- Reserve 1-2 cups pasta water.
- In a wide bottomed, deep skillet or braiser heat your Delallo olive oil on medium-high heat. Add your anchovies (add the oil as well) and break up as you begin to heat. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add your thinly sliced garlic slivers and turn your heat to low. Allow garlic to cook slow and low for another 4-5 minutes until just fragrant and begin to turn a golden brown.
- Add in your Delallo Calabrian Chili Peppers, 1 teaspoon or more for additional heat.
- Add your cooked pasta directly to the skillet with infused oil and toss to coat. Begin with 1 cup of reserved pasta water, mix and add more if needed to coat pasta.
- Next, add your sliced Delallo Pitted Olives Jubilee and 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- Continue to toss to mix in cheese and olives until combined.
- Plate pasta and top with additional parmesan and fresh chopped parsley.
**If you are looking to create a vegetarian dish and omit the anchovies, you may substitute 2 teaspoons of miso paste or 4 teaspoons of olive tapenade (check out this one from Delallo). Replace at the same time you would add in the anchovies.
**1 heaping teaspoon of Delallo Calabrian Chili Peppers was enough to get good flavor but not to spicy to deter kid palettes. You can always add more or less to adjust to your taste.
Keywords: olio e aglio, olio e aglio recipe, olio e aglio anchovies, pasta puttanesca, pasta puttanesca recipe, easy pasta recipe, summer pasta, antipasti, antipasti pasta, summer antipasti, weeknight dinners, vegetarian, parmesan cheese