These chewy cookies are loaded with chocolate and sesame flavor for a burst of something delicious and exotic.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled – 272 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt – omit if using salted butter and half if using table salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar – 200 grams
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar – 75 grams
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened – 85 grams
- 1/2 cup tahini – 130 grams
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup halawa (halva) chopped
- Flake salt (optional)
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees F and place your oven rack to the upper 1/3 of your oven.
- Place a silicone mat or parchment sheet on a half sheet pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until just combined.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment or in a large bowl using your hand mixer – add your softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and tahini. Mix on high speed for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Next add your whole egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat for another 3 minutes.
- With your mixer on low speed, slowly add in your flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stop your mixer and using a spatula, scrape down sides and bottom to ensure everything is incorporated.
- Finally, add your mix-ins: chopped chocolate, sesame seeds and halawa (halva). Mix until incorporated for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Using a cookie scoop or 1 Tablespoon spoon, scoop your cookie dough onto your prepared sheet pan, leaving 1.5″ in between cookies. (Each cookie dough ball is about 35 grams). I like to have 3 on the top, 3 on the bottom and 2 in the middle.
- Place in upper 1/3 of your oven and bake for 12-14 minutes. Always check your cookies at the earlier time (12 minutes) to see how your oven handles them. If they are browned around the edges, remove to cool. Top with flake salt immediately.
Pro tip: Be sure to add a chocolate chunk on top of each cookie before baking, this will give you those puddles of chocolate.
- Continue baking the remaining batter, one tray at a time until your batter is done.
- Enjoy cookies immediately or store in glass jar for 3-5 days for best quality.
Keywords: chocolate sesame cookies, easy drop cookies, halawa, tahini chocolate chip cookies, salted tahini chocolate chip cookies, sesame chocolate chip cookies, halva chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip tahini cookies, halawa tahini cookies, halva cookies, halva cookies recipe