Simple roasted chicken, use leftovers to make this delicious chicken salad.
- 5–6lbs assorted bone-in breasts and thighs (combination of both)
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp sumac
- Olive Oil
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded/diced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pickles, diced
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- small bunch of chives, chopped
- Turn your oven to high broil with rack on the 2nd level from the top.
- Combine all your spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Prepare your chicken by trimming any excess skin using sharp knife or kitchen shears.
- Dry chicken using a paper towel then begin rubbing the spice mixture all over the chicken. Be sure to season the meat, the skin and under the skin.
- Arrange pieces in a large round sheetpan or tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place chicken in oven on broil high and let the skin crisp for a few minutes, watching to ensure it doesn’t burn. Rotate pan in the oven for even browning.
- Once browned, turn oven to 400 degrees and bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Internal temperature for chicken should read 165 degrees and fluids should run clean when cut.
- Do a final broil on skin if it needs any additional crisping then remove from oven and enjoy!
- Remove cooled chicken from bones.
- Chop 2 cups cooked chicken and add to bowl.
- Combine mayo, pickles, celery, salt, pepper and chives and mix until combined.
- Season with any additional salt and pepper and enjoy!
**You can prepare chicken the night before with spices and pop into fridge, bake when you get home the next day.
**If you don’t have time to roast a chicken, pick up a prepared chicken from your local New Seasons Market, enjoy and make some chicken salad with it!
Keywords: chicken, chicken salad, weeknight meal, easy, roasted chicken, dinner