A simple, elegant no-bake dessert. Perfect to prepare ahead of time!
- 9 graham crackers (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup key lime juice*
- zest of 4 key limes (or 2 standard limes)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
Additional whipped cream for garnish
- In the bowl of a food processor, add your graham crackers and blend until fine crumbs form.
- Remove and pour into a bowl, add your butter and ginger until the crumbs stick together.
- Place about a heaping tablespoon of your crumb mixture into each 6oz ramekin, using the bottom of a glass or a tamper, press into bottom and partway up the sides.
- Next, prepare your filling.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with paddle attachment, place your cream cheese and powdered sugar, mix until smooth.
- Next add your liquid ingredients and zest and blend until smooth and firms up slightly.
- Pour your mixture evenly into your ramekin cups.
- Set in fridge for at least 4 hours, best overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and serve chilled.
*If you can’t find key limes, by all means, use the juice of fresh standard limes
*You can make the same dessert in a 9″ tart pan, follow directions as instructed but pat into larger pan.