Tasty grilled Kofta Burgers, taking simple ingredients and elevating them!
- 1.5 lb ground lamb ~ 85/15 (could sub beef)
- 3/4 large onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tsp kosher salt (adjust to taste)
- 1.5 tsp all spice
Yogurt Sumac Sauce
- In a large bowl, add your ground lamb, onion, tomato, parsley and spices.
- Using clean hands, mix all the ingredients together until all are combined.
- Begin shaping into round burger shaped patties, about 1/4 pound each. You should be able to make 6 burgers with 1.5 pounds.
- Make a hole in the center of your burger with your finger, this is supposed to help with keeping the burger the same size and not shrinking.
- Place on heated medium/high grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-well.
- Remove from heat and assemble on your choice of bread. Add lettuce, tomato, onion, yogurt sumac sauce and even some feta cheese for an added bonus.
You may make burger patties ahead of time and freeze to prepare at a later date. Wrap individual burgers in freezer paper, pull out and grill frozen when ready. You may need some additional time on the grill.
Keywords: kofta, burger, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Memorial Day, picnic, bbq, grill