This zingy Caesar salad dressing is a play on the original – using yogurt in place of eggs for that creamy tangy taste. Pair with salmon for the ultimate salad.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 4 anchovy fillets or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 2/3 cup Greek Yogurt (or labneh)
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, extra for topping salad + croutons
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper + for croutons
- kosher salt, to taste + for croutons
- 1/2 baguette – about 1 1/2 cups bread in cubes
- Mixed greens – I’m using romaine, red cabbage and baby kale
- avocado, optional
- Salmon – find a whole roasted salmon recipe here
- In a medium sized bowl, smash your garlic or add in your minced garlic.
- Next, add your anchovies or anchovy paste and work together with fork or mortar until combined with garlic.
- Add in 3 Tablespoons olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add in your parmesaan cheese and yogurt, whisk and finally taste and season with salt.
- Adjust for any additional lemon, salt or pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 C)
- Cut half a baguette into cubes and toss onto sheet pan.
- Drizzle 3 Tablespoons olive oil and top with a few pinches of kosher salt, black pepper and some freshly grated parmesan. You can do all this to taste.
- Bake into preheated oven for 8-12 minutes in upper 1/3 of oven until golden brown. Toss on sheet pan at the halfway point.
- In a large bowl, add in about 3.5-4 cups of mixed greens. For every 3.5-4 cups of greens add 1/4 cup of prepared dressing and mix until fully coated. Add additional dressing if needed.
- Plate salad greens then top with croutons, avocado if using and cooked salmon.
- Drizzle additional dressing to taste.
- Repeat for additional plates.
- 3.5-4 cups of greens is a healthy meal sized portion, divide in half if serving as side salads.
- The dressing will serve 2-3 large portions.
- You can also place your dressing ingredients into a food processor or blender.
Keywords: salmon caesar salad, yogurt caesar salad dressing, yogurt dressing, greek yogurt caesar dressing, how to make caesar dressing, yogurt caesar dressing, salad recipes, salmon salad, salmon salad recipe