Spicy and flavorful bites of potato.
- 2 pounds bite sized/baby potatoes, cut in half
or 2 pounds standard russet/yukon potatoes diced into 1–1.5” cubes
- 5 Tablespoons of olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more if you want spicier)
- small bunch of fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt* – more as needed
- squeeze of lemon
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare your potatoes by scrubbing the skins and cut in half if using bite-sized/baby or into 1-1.5″ cubes if using larger potatoes. I prefer to leave the skins on but you can certainly peel them as well.
- After cutting the potatoes, wash them a 2nd time and pat dry.
- Place dried potatoes on a half sheet pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of kosher salt and a few grinds of fresh black pepper, mix with your clean hands to combine and coat entirely.
- I like to arrange potatoes with the same size up and then at the halfway point, flip them.
- Place in oven with rack in the upper 3rd section and bake for 12 minutes.
- Begin making your garlic oil sauce (see below) while potatoes bake.
- After 12 minutes, remove from oven and flip to the 2nd side and bake for another 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
Garlic Oil Spice Sauce
- Mince your cloves of garlic and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine your spices: coriander, Aleppo pepper and red pepper flakes
- In a small skillet 6-8″ heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil on medium low heat for about 30 seconds.
- Quickly add your garlic and spices to the hot oil. Allow to simmer for 30-40 seconds until just becoming fragrant. Once heated and fragrant, immediately move off of heat.
Assemble and Enjoy
- Once potatoes are done, pour your hot oil mixture and a chopped parsley to your potatoes. Mix to combine.
- Check to see if you need additional salt.
- Enjoy with a squeeze of lemon!
*If using table salt, half the quantity
*Leftovers can be stored in fridge for 5-7 days – heat in skillet or oven to rewarm.
Keywords: batata harra, spicy lebanese potatoes, spicy potatoes recipe, spicy potatoes lebanese, batata harra recipe, batata harra arabic, batata harra baked, baked spicy potatoes, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free