Nothing says summer like an Iced Latte!!!
If you’re like me, summertime is when allllll the iced coffee begins to flow! I still love my morning warm drip coffee, but I crave an afternoon treat. A hot and trending espresso drink is Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso. I’m usually hesitant on alternative milks but Oatmilk has proven to be a lovely, smooth alternative to whole milk. I love the balance of flavor with the brown sugar in this espresso drink.
Ingredients for Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
Make a batch of brown sugar syrup on Sunday and enjoy these iced beverages all week long. Here’s a list of what you’ll need for this coffee drink:
• Strong coffee or espresso – I like to use a few shot from my Nespresso machine but strong coffee will also work for this drink
• Barista Style Oatmilk – I like Open Nature Barista Style Oatmilk, it has a nice flavor and melds really well in this drink
• Vanilla Extract – Vanilla isn’t 100% necessary but adds a delicious boost to our brown sugar syrup
• Dark Brown Sugar – Dark brown sugar has more molasses than light brown sugar yielding in a more intense flavor. We’ll combine this with water to make a simple brown sugar simple syrup to sweeten our iced coffee.
• Cinnamon – What goes great with brown sugar? Cinnamon – a little cinnamon gives this drink a lovely flavor boost.
• Heavy Cream/Half and Half – If you aren’t lactose intolerant, I recommend topping your drink with a splash of heavy cream or half and half. This helps to give it a creamy flavor/texture without being so heavy.
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Simple Syrup
Making simple syrup is actually quite simple – no pun intended! A combination of sugar, in our case today brown sugar, water and cinnamon are cooked until a liquid forms. It takes no more than 5 minutes and can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge to use all week long – my preferred method.
Simply add your brown sugar, water, cinnamon, splash of vanilla and heat over medium-low heat until the sugar fully dissolves. Once the sugar dissolves, pour into a glass jar and allow to cool. Store in fridge.
Creating your Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
Simply add a few shots of espresso or very strong coffee, your brown sugar simple syrup with some ice and shake until cooled. Add ice to your drinking glass and pour cooled coffee/sugar mixture into glass, top with oatmilk, a splash of heavy cream or half and half and finally an extra sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy all summer long!
Alternatives for your Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
• Milks – This drink is specifically made for oatmilk but you can certainly sub out for standard milk, almond milk or any other alternative you’d prefer.
• Espresso – Espresso is a much stronger than coffee, if you are using traditional coffee – double the amount of grounds you’d normally use to create a richer coffee flavor that will stand up to the flavors.
• Brown Sugar – I love brown sugar and especially dark brown sugar – it has a heavier molasses flavor. You can certainly use light brown sugar in it’s place.
I hope you enjoy this summer Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso as much as me – and feel free to adjust and make your own! If you make Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso, please let me know by leaving a rating and review below!
As always, I love seeing your creations. Please leave a review or share your dish with me on social media #cosetteskitchen which lets me know what is working for you! You can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter , Tiktok and Pinterest. For more delicious recipes to your inbox, sign up for my newsletter! Don’t forget to check out the upcoming cooking classes happening this month as well, would love to have you there.
A delicious and simple coffee drink for those hot summer months!
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 shots of espresso (or ⅓ cup strong brewed coffee)
- ½ cup (or more) Open Nature Barista Oatmilk
- Extra cinnamon
- Splash of heavy cream (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat your brown sugar, water and cinnamon on medium until sugar is dissolved. Add vanilla and pour into jar to allow to cool.
- In a jar with lid, add ice and pour your 2 shots of espresso or cooled coffee and 2-3 Tbsp of your brown sugar syrup (adjust to taste). Shake for 30 seconds until cooled.
- Add ice to your drinking glass and pour coffee/sugar mixture. Top with Open Nature Barista Oatmilk, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a splash of heavy cream. Enjoy!
Keywords: Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso, starbucks Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso, iced brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso latte, iced brown sugar oat milk espresso, iced brown sugar latte, iced latte, summer coffee drink, iced oatmilk shaken espresso, cinnamon latte, brown sugar iced latte, iced coffee