Besides the sunshine and warmer weather coming making it's appearance, it's MARGARITA WEEK! Leave it to a huge group of bloggers to celebrate in style with endless margarita recipes from drinks to desserts to snacks! A huge thank you to Kate Ramos of Hola Jalapano for organizing! You can find endless recipe links directly on her page.
Frozen Spicy Mango Margarita
Being the traditionalist that I am, I decided to share a summery, fruity frozen margarita recipe that will sure to brighten up your week. I am usually a lime margarita, on the rocks with a salted rim kind of girl, but sometimes I like to kick things up a bit. So I present to you this gorgeous Frozen Spicy Mango Margarita. A little bit of heat, some chili lime seasoning to coat the rim and lots flavor! I love using real fruit juices, like Bolthouse Farms juices for drinks like this. They are 100% juice, super tasty and much easier than peeling tons of mangos in this case. The Bolthouse Farms Amazing Mango juice actually contains: mangos, apples, oranges and bananas but packs a huge mango flavor! One of my favorite Trader Joe's items is the Chile Lime Seasoning Blend, it is PERFECT for margaritas and gives this one a little flair. Combining sweet and spicy helps to balance this drink with a perfect combination of the heat from Tabasco sauce, the mango juice and lime juice for tartness.
So whatever your weekend plans or summer BBQ plans, add this drink to your menu! It will surely brighten any day. Cheers!
As always, I love seeing your creations! Be sure to tag me if you give this a try, Instagram @CosettesKitchen or post on my Facebook Page.
|Prep Time||5 minutes|
- 1 ½ cups Bolthouse Amazing Mango Juice or something similar
- 1 ½ cups ice
- 3-4 ounces tequilla adjust to your taste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 whole mango skin removed
- 6 leaves mint
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce more or less to your liking
- 5 dashes orange bitters
- 4 juiced limes extra limes for rims and garish
- 2 tablespoon Trader Joe's Chile Lime Seasoning you can also combine some chili powder and coarse salt to make your own mixture
- In a high powered blender, add all your ingredients except for the Chili Lime Seasoning.
- Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Take a cut lime and run across the tops of 2 glasses.
- Dip edges of glasses in the Chili Lime Seasoning to create a rimmed glass.
- Pour drink and garish with additional lime wedges. Enjoy!
Georgette Zogheib says
It looks amazing! Memorial Day drink...)
Georgette Zogheib says
It looks amazing!!! Memorial Day is coming...
Cosette's Kitchen says
Yes, absolutely! Thanks mama bear! 💖