Thank you Carapelli Olive Oil for sponsoring this post. For more information and a store locator, please visit CarapelliUSA.com and be sure to check out Carapelli’s social channels: Facebook and Instagram.
If I close my eyes and visualize my childhood it always, always includes a bounty of food. Afternoons sitting in the kitchen with my mom helping her peel garlic, stream oil while she makes toum or clip the ends of green beans. Despite the tough times my parents had while growing up, there was never a shortage of food. Whatever my mom made us, was a meal fit for a king or queen. I think her gift, and that of my people, is taking the simplest ingredients and creating food that is flavorful, delicate and always made with love.
From simple cuts of meat, vegetables, garlic, lemon and olive oil, a meal can be enjoyed by many. It is the process of taking quality ingredients and cooking techniques that brings out the best in each dish. Using the highest quality olive oil is so important in Lebanese cuisine. It is often the glue that creates a cohesive dish, marrying all the flavors together. Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is soft, balanced and fruity in flavor. The delicate flavor of Carapelli Olive Oil is achieved by harvesting high-quality olives at the optimal time, in the most delicate manner. It is the perfect accompaniment to Loobieh where olive oil is the star of the dish.
Loobieh bi Zeit
In Arabic, "Loobieh" translates to green beans and "Zeit" translates to oil. Loobieh can be prepared in two ways, one is a braised green bean dish that is filled with tomatoes and often meat. The other version is a dish where greens beans are cooked tenderly, then tossed with garlic, lemon and the most delicate olive oil. Both dishes can be enjoyed as a meal on their own or as part of a mezze platter. This recipe highlights the simple garlic and olive oil Loobieh, enjoy with pita bread warm or cold. Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil truly elevates this dish with the balanced classic flavor of the olive oil and tender sweet greens beans.
I hope you enjoy this simple recipe! As always, I love to see your creations, be sure to tag me on Instagram or Facebook if you give this a try. You can find more inspiration using Carapelli Olive Oil by visiting CarapelliUSA.com and be sure to check out Carapelli’s social channels: Facebook and Instagram.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 2 pounds green beans, stems removed
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup Carapelli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Flake sea salt to taste
- Prepare your green beans by removing the ends and washing.
- In a large pot, add your green beans and fill with water. Set burner to high and let beans boil for about 20-25 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, smash your garlic using a pestle or garlic press. Squeeze your lemon and set aside.
- Once green beans are tender. Drain and add to bowl with garlic. Begin smashing the beans into the garlic, add in your lemon and olive oil while warm.
- Combine breaking the beans apart to allow all the flavor to come through. Season with salt and any additional lemon (to taste).
- Serve warm or cold with pita bread. Enjoy!
**If making as a side dish, I would cut the recipe in half. The recipe as shown, is meal-sized.
Leave a Reply