A simple pasta dish, perfect for pantry foraging.
- 1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil + 1 Tbsp
- 1 pound Tagliatelle Pasta (or your favorite variety)
- 10 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups reserved pasta water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese** (sub nutritional yeast to keep vegan)
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- Kosher salt (various amounts, see recipe details)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper place tomatoes on sheet.
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sprinkle with ½ tsp of kosher salt
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes become soft and tender, remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions, be sure to salt water (usually 2 Tbsp kosher salt).
- Reserve 2 cups of pasta water before draining, then set pasta aside while you prepare the sauce.
- In the same pasta pot, add your 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil heat oil on medium and add your chopped garlic. Let cook for about 30-45 seconds until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Quickly add your red pepper flakes and saute for another 30 seconds to allow the heat of the pepper to infused the oil.
- Next add your reserved pasta water and lemon juice and 1 tsp kosher salt, allow to boil then reduce to low for about 5 minutes.
- Add your pasta and work through the sauce, finally add your parsley and Parmesan cheese.
**Omit Parmesan cheese to keep vegan, sub in nutritional yeast
Keywords: pasta aglio olio with tomatoes, spaghetti aglio olio with tomatoes, spaghetti aglio olio with cherry tomatoes, spaghetti aglio e olio with tomatoes, pasta aglio e olio tomatoes, pasta aglio e olio cherry tomatoes, pasta, garlic, vegetarian, vegan, stovetop, tomatoes, simple pasta dish, pasta recipe