Easy Pasta Recipe
These times call for simple recipes and comfort food. This is not the time to worry about shedding those extra pounds. Although, I will say I’ve been working out and walking more than normal. It’s become a priority to leave the house to get fresh air, a privilege!
After a nice walk, preparing simple dishes like this Pasta Aglio e Olio is exactly what we need. Pantry ingredients with a few fresh options creates not only a flavorful dish but something to enjoy as leftovers or even add in some chicken or tofu to complete the meal.
What you need:
- fresh cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- Tagliatelle pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- crushed red pepper
- lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
- fresh chopped parsley
Besides roasting the tomatoes and boiling some pasta, this dish is really ultra simple. Absolutely easy for kids to make and feel successful or in between working and getting kids setup with their homework. I think at this time we are all looking for easy shortcuts that are still packed with flavor and flexibility.
My goal right now is to continue to bring you simple, pantry forward recipes.
As always, I love seeing your creations. Please leave a review or share your dish with me on social media which lets me know what is working for you! You can find me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. For more delicious recipes to your inbox, sign up for my newsletter!
Other recipes you may like:Print
A simple pasta dish, perfect for pantry foraging.
- 1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil + 1 Tbsp
- 1 pound Tagliatelle Pasta (or your favorite variety)
- 10 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups reserved pasta water
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese** (sub nutritional yeast to keep vegan)
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- Kosher salt (various amounts, see recipe details)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper place tomatoes on sheet.
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sprinkle with ½ tsp of kosher salt
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the tomatoes become soft and tender, remove from oven and set aside.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions, be sure to salt water (usually 2 Tbsp kosher salt).
- Reserve 2 cups of pasta water before draining, then set pasta aside while you prepare the sauce.
- In the same pasta pot, add your 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil heat oil on medium and add your chopped garlic. Let cook for about 30-45 seconds until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Quickly add your red pepper flakes and saute for another 30 seconds to allow the heat of the pepper to infused the oil.
- Next add your reserved pasta water and lemon juice and 1 tsp kosher salt, allow to boil then reduce to low for about 5 minutes.
- Add your pasta and work through the sauce, finally add your parsley and Parmesan cheese.
**Omit Parmesan cheese to keep vegan, sub in nutritional yeast
Keywords: pasta aglio olio with tomatoes, spaghetti aglio olio with tomatoes, spaghetti aglio olio with cherry tomatoes, spaghetti aglio e olio with tomatoes, pasta aglio e olio tomatoes, pasta aglio e olio cherry tomatoes, pasta, garlic, vegetarian, vegan, stovetop, tomatoes, simple pasta dish, pasta recipe