- 1 basic pie dough recipe, I like using Marie Saba’s all butter pie crust (store bought is fine too)
- 2 Tbsp semolina (can sub almond flour)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3–4 slightly firm pears
- 3 Tbsp raw sugar, divided
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 2 tsp apricot jam + splash of water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Sprinkle a sheet of parchment paper with flour and roll out your pie dough into a round/oval shape about 1/8″ thick. You don’t want your pie dough to be paper thin where it will seep but also not very thick.
- Place parchment paper on a heavy sheet pan.
- Once your dough is rolled out into your desired round or oval shape, mix your semolina and granulated sugar together and sprinkle on your dough, leaving about an inch border to fold over.
- Slice your pears in half, remove pits/core then make thin slices that will give you a fan when place upon your galette.
- Place your “fan” of pears in different directions on top of your semolina mixture. Tuck each “fan” in and layer until your area is covered.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of your raw sugar and cardamom together and sprinkle on pears.
- Fold over your edge to enclose your pears and seal everything in.
- With your last tablespoon of raw sugar, sprinkle the crust.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until crust and pears are browned.
- Remove from oven and mix apricot jam with your water and brush over warm pears. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
Keywords: galette, thanksgiving, pears, dessert, pie, butter, crust